Thursday, April 10, 2008

Shoyu Chicken in a Flash!

My husband has been a way on a business trip for the past week, so meal planning was necessary so that I didn't have to make last minute trips to the market. Meal planning...it's something I should do ALL the time....I do get awfully lazy, and that's bad because we end of spending money on take out!

One of my favorite kitchen appliances is an electric digital pressure cooker that I bought from QVC a couple of years ago. I don't utilize it as much as I should, but I did use it last night! I just threw the following in it:

Chicken thighs and drumsticks (they were still half frozen) - 12 total
1/2 can of chicken stock
and about a 1/2 cup of Korean Style BBQ Sauce (from Costco)

....locked the lid and set the cooker's digital timer for 30 minutes on HIGH.

WOW! Served it with rice and mixed veggies....It was really good! I even got compliments from the kids! =)

Any type of teriyaki sauce would work. The chicken I used had bones...but I've also used boneless before. If using boneless chicken, just shorten the cook time. Not bad for a super easy recipe using only 3 ingredients!

Anyone else like to share an easy recipe using a pressure cooker and 5 or less ingredients?? I'd love to hear about it!


No comments: